Caroline from www.COSMICaroline.com
is my awesome guest blogger today! Below, check out her fabulous post on what’s in her bag and don’t forget to also check out her blog as well!
My bag is a leather equestrian backpack I picked up in the open air horse market outside the Aga Khan Horse Show-Jumping Championship in Dublin, Ireland. It’s the perfect mixture of function and durability, and I couldn’t be happier with the fact it still hasn’t lost that creamy leather smell. It’s a staple in my closet.
1. Hemp Journal, Pen, Fabric Flower – This journal has been filled with not only my own scribbles of insanity, but the lyrics to the songs of my own band, Clorange. I keep it with me at all times in the chance of a sudden spurt of inspiration. A pen for filling said journal. A fabric flower that I have a strange attachment to, which has random pen scribbles on the petals for every time that my pen cap falls off in the depths of my purse.
2. Feather Arm Cuff – My love for Free People is directly related to my love for the bohemian chic aesthetic and my constant obsession with layering. This arm cuff sits at just the right point above my right elbow, and it stays in constant limbo because my inability to make decisions causes me to take it on and off all day.
3. Aldo Green Wallet – As a fan of Aldo, this wallet has took a beating over the past couple years. Despite my best efforts to stuff massive amounts of change and receipts inside of its folds, it has stood strong.
4. Mints, Chapstick – As a hater of bad breath, I keep a little tin of breath mints with me at all times. I also hate gum, so this is my solution to avoiding the perpetual smack that comes with such a gooey stick of mint. I also despise chapped lips, so organic pomegranate chapstick aids me in my constant battle.
5. Sunnies – My staple, vintage aviators, are something I feel naked leaving my house without. Either nestled in my hair, wrapped around my pinkie finger, or sitting on the edge of my nose, I feel empty without them. And of course, I continue to bring along my Lennon-inspired blue lenses for no good reason whatsoever.
6. Clorange Bumper Stickers and COSMICaroline Business Cards – I keep both on me as often as I can. You never know when someone may ask for this information, and I find it’s always better to have something to give, instead of sheepishly asking for a pen and paper and just embarrassing yourself when you end up scribbling on the back of the stranger’s hand.
7. Audio Chi Headphones – The wonderful people at Audio Chi sent me these headphones for COSMICaroline over a year ago. They have served me well, and I love their retro shape and purple color.
8. Fuzzy Fuzzball Friends – I have no reasonable description for why I carry these little friends with me. Perhaps its my obsession with all things furry or perhaps its my love for all things small and cute, but either way, I keep them with me. Strangely enough, they are two of the more worldly things in my purse. The white mouse/cat/owl is from Spain, and the green/maroon mouse wearing a white bow-tie is from England.
9. Chinese Mirror – This little contraption was brought back to me after one of my mother’s trips to China. The pink mirror swiftly rolls out of its fabric casing and acts as a perfect compact. Plus, its got a friendly-looking bunny on the front of the case.
10. iPod Video – Containing bits and pieces of the musical inspiration I hold close, this little golden box hosts the words “Here Comes the Sun” on its backside as a reminder of the beauty music can bring. Its capability to also take relatively good quality video is only a perk, as sometimes I find myself wanting to record the world around me in all of its splendor.
11. Fixer-Uppers – A little perfume and a little hairspray is sometimes all a girl needs. Throw in a dash of baby powder and you have the outline for my morning ritual as I run out the door.
12. Keys – A given, and generally a talking point as the Buddah head tends to surprise people.
13. Phone – Without it, I would be a much happier camper. Seriously.